Monday, February 25, 2008

Goodbye and Good Riddence

My goodness. We're not *quite* over what feels like the month-long illness. I know it didn't really last that long because I can remember that it was only a little over two weeks ago that Eve's first symptoms appeared, but it *feels* like a month.

We've been up to very little around our place, because this flu-ishness made Eve and Israel clingy non-sleepers. So, we spent the time we weren't cleaning sheets, towels and clothing for various reasons (bloody noses, baby vomit, sticky ewey medicine, honey, garlic oil, and glycerine drops) holding and comforting our little ones. I don't know how I could have got through the days if Tom hadn't been home. I wouldn't have gotten a single thing done, as it is, my accomplishments were few.

Now I'm a bit sick. I don't feel like the children felt, no fever or anything too severe, but I do have a bit of a cough and almost no voice.

Perseverance in my prayer and study seems to have had the desired effect. I can't say my struggles are over, but I will say I feel more content and less conflicted. Confused? Yes. But not as unhappy about it as previously.

Tom saw his surgeon on Thursday, and healing seems to be going a bit more slowly than the surgeon himself had hoped. And Tom, of course was discouraged when the doc told him to expect another 2 months for recovery. If he doesn't get fixed up, he is looking at hip replacement next, and I don't think I'd like that any better than his previous surgeries.