Thursday, September 15, 2005

Nothing very clever

That's right. I'm just posting to pass the time. I've nothing particular to share. How about a peek into my night's sleep? Sound exciting? I though you'd be interested.

Eve fell asleep accidentally around 8. I say accidentally, because I hadn't really anticipated it, nor had I hoped for it. 9 is her usual bed time. Needless to say, she felt like more of a nap than a long night's sleep. She woke as soon as we tried to move her to her bed. I spent another half hour purposefully putting her to sleep. She slept fitfully for a little over 2 hours... just after I went to bed. It took until midnight to get her back to sleep. I think after that she slept until 3, though I didn't actually check the clock. I spent the rest of the night on the rocking chair with her in my lap. I woke up at 5:30 to find her asleep, and put her back in her bed to return to mine. about 10 minutes later she was up again, crying. I sat in the rocker until she fell asleep again, but she woke as soon as I tried to move her. I heard Tom's alarm go off, so I brought her into our bed to try to get a bit more sleep. No. She was awake and thrilled to be with us. I never got anymore sleep. Blah.

I think this explains why I don't have much to say today. :)