Wednesday, September 14, 2005

When it rains it pours

Gosh I'm talkative today, aren't I?

So, in addition to my snail's pace progress to work today, I noticed another thing. School busses really mess with my schedule. That, along with the "This is my arterial road and I'll set the speed limit" vigilantes have turned my short cut into a loooong, sloooow, scenic route. I think I'll have to go back to the freeway.

But, if I do that, then I'll miss the interesting sights. Like this morning. I'm not sure who exactly I saw waiting at the end of a long shared driveway for a school bus today. She was dressed in one of those tissue skirts... with the hem dipping down to several points, a long shirt with a thin, tiny tied-in-front long-sleeved shrug. Her hair was stick straight, and her make-up was done for a night out. Then I noticed the baby in her arms. Was she a high school student or a mom with a school-aged child? I was so confused! Who has time, energy or inclination to look like that with children? And... if she's a student, how sad!

What would I blog about if I take the highway to work? ;)