Thursday, October 06, 2005

More Music

Okay, so... on the music front, I've discovered something truly unique.

Jason Mraz. He's so unique that I find it quite impossible to really describe him. One thing that makes him stand out from other folk/rock guys is that he's actually got a very good voice. This is the kind of good voice I reveled in in Choir in high school... when I would be thinking "Wow, that boy can sing!" which, you know, sounds kind of... well, I don't think most guys want to be known for their singing voice, at least... not when they have nothing else going for them.

I digress. In addition to the quality of his voice (that I have to say shows some sort of formal training--maybe he was a choir boy!), the instrumentation is entirely surprising. There is a point when he is Rapping... and there's a Banjo playing... it's quite striking. Don't let that line scare you. This is not Rap.

Like I said, I have a hard time even articulating what he's like. But, I do recommend him, quite highly. I think it will add flavor to any collection.

So, go check out his Debut album, Waiting for My Rocket to Come, (heh heh) and tell me how you like it. I have yet to really dive in to his newer album, but I'll let you know if it's as striking as his first go 'round when I do.