Wednesday, January 16, 2008

We had a small chimney fire...

Yes, there were flames in our chimney. Luckily, we didn't start a house fire, and were able to put it out simply by dampening the fire in the stove, eventually. But while we were calling able-bodied neighbors at 8 PM, Eve certainly felt it was a grand adventure. Peanut, on the other hand, was so exhausted by the event that he went to bed early!

Today a chimney sweep is coming to clean us up so we can have a wood fire again. Last night we were grateful for the 40 gallons of heating oil my dad gave us. And our electric portable radiator.