Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy Independence day!

To celebrate, here are some pictures of Pointy Kitty, my first stuffed creature crafting attempt, and the first craft Eve helped with. She picked out the fabric (given a few choices) and the button eyes (again, given a few choices) and was responsible for keeping the buttons safe.

She was a free pattern from the delightful Wee Wonderfuls.

P5050620

P5050623

I started this way back in September, 2006. I had intended for it to be a Birthday gift. And then a Christmas gift, and then a valentine's day gift. I think I finished it in time for Easter, but it's been a few months since then, so I can't remember. I finally handed over the precious Pointy Kitty, filled with poly stuffing, hard work, and love. And in a matter of hours...

P6220067

Poor kitty. I only got around to fixing it this past week. And since then, pointy kitty has been mostly ignored. He he, live and learn. I'm sure by the time I get around to making a rag-doll for her, she will have grown out of her baby-loving phase. Maybe Pointy Kitty was simply too un-cuddly, and didn't fit in the stroller. Plus, Eve's real kitty is much more fun to chase.